Friday, April 27, 2007

Things that are NOT ok

It is not ok to not have my paycheck on time.

It is not ok to call me during my shift when I should be helping customers to talk to me about that. My first job is to help our customers, not make sure you feel ok.

It is not ok to try to bully me into saying it is ok that you are not going to have my paycheck to me on time.

It is not ok to point out to my past behavior to justify your current bad behavior. If this was the only time something like this (not this specifically) had happened, I'm sure I would be more understanding. Also, if you had wanted to fire me because of those instances, you would have had every reason to and you would not be out of line to have pointed out that those things were not ok. But I will not say that something is ok when it is never ok in any professional working environment anywhere, just because you bring up my past bad behavior.

It is not ok to call the work phone line and then my cell phone from two different numbers just to ask a small question. I would pick up the store phone if I did not have customers. Do you want me to tell our customers, "I'm sorry. I can't help you and/or run your credit card/loyalty card because my boss thinks it is more important for me to answer her question than it is to serve you."? If you leave a message on the answering machine with your question or need, I will call you back as soon as I am finished with our customers.

These are things that are not ok.

No comments: