Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hunger

I wonder what it would be like to not be hungry. I remember MS, my male best friend in high school. When we were still in high school, I never saw him eat. He was my date to a dance and we all went out to eat at a nice restaurant before the dance. He just pushed his food around his plate. I know he did eat, by fast food wrappers that gradually accumulated in the backseat of his car. But it was very gradual. Even later, once out of high school and in college, I saw him eat more, but that was usually fueled by weed. What was his lack of appetite driven by, or anyone for that matter? Was it psychological? Slight anorexia? A desire not to get chubby like he was before his growth spurt? A negative view of food? A picky pallet? Or just not associating food, especially unhealthy food, with good emotions?

As I struggle with trying to eat more healthy food and less junk food and just balance out everything, I wonder what it would be like to only eat out of necessity and not very often.

No comments: