Monday, December 12, 2005

I Met a Celebrity!!

Ok, so not really a CELEBRITY! But I did meet someone who is more well known than me or any of my friends, beside maybe T, or Sir as he now likes to be called. The local alternative station sponsors cheap burgers and fries on Fridays at a local bar and grill out here in the suburbs of my small midwestern city. The afternoon drive-time show, which I really like, broadcasts live there every Friday. I had often wanted to go but I had no one to go there with, until just recently. These lesbians that I know go there for the cheap food on Fridays. And the scantily clad waitresses, which I did not know about at the time. (Horrible service too.) So Friday we went there. (I was supposed to meet a girl that they were trying to hook me up with, but she didn't show because her daughter got into a car accident. Can I not meet a single woman without kids around here!!!!) Anyway, this guy was passing out CDs so we flagged him down. That is when he introduced himself as the sidekick on the drive-time show. His radio name suggests that he needs to lose weight, but he is really really skinny. He was really nice and chatty (though I guess that is his job). We discussed how the alt station here was much better than the ones in T's slightly larger midwestern town. It was really cool meeting a local celebrity. I hope to get to chat him up again (not romantically but just as someone interested in music). I also feel kinda sorry for him because he seems like a nice guy and the dj always picks on him.

No comments: