Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Father---Unknown

So, today has not been very productive. Too little sleep for such an early interview-only to be sent away because I don't have enough info to complete the paperwork for the government background check. I spent the rest of the day trying to get enough info to complete the paperwork and depressingly watching TV/napping/working.

Saddest part of the day, though, was filling out the section about my parents. I was able to get my bio-dad's birthdate from my mother over the phone, but I only know the city that he lives in. The woman that is the whole of the human resources dept. asked for his address. When I told her that I did not have a street address for bio-dad, she crossed out the city and state and wrote Unknown in the remaining space. Now, I'm sure in this day and age, there are plenty of people who do not know where one of their parents lives, usually their father, but not always. There are probably even some people who do not know where their parents live because they had a falling out of some kind. I'm sure there are also people out there who do not even have a name for one of their parents. But it doesn't make me feel any better that I haven't had contact with my biological father since I was 5. What a fucker.

No comments: