Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Another inspirational story...blah, blah, blah

Ok, so, with the place I'm in right now, I'm a sucker for inspirational stories. And I'm noticing the weird parellels between other people's addictions and my depression, or at least how it affects the people around us. Even if you haven't read the rest of the story, this is the conclusion to Kevin Smith's story about Jason Mewes' journey to sobreity. And all you really need to know about the previous editions are that Mewes relapsed over and over again, no matter how many times Smith put him in rehab or made him promise he'd stay clean.
http://silentbobspeaks.com/?p=244
I guess the similarity that I see, which is something you've probably known for a long time, is that I can't promise I'll never be depressed and/or suicidial again and I can't do it for anybody but myself. I don't mean to trivialize what addicts go through and I think that their journey is a great deal harder than mine, but I see the similarities and I want to do it and do it for myself.

No comments: