Sunday, April 23, 2006

Pretty Good Day

Alright, I don't really have much to report as of yet. I have had a very good couple of days. Nothing too trying or emotional or hard, just solid 7s (on a scale of one to ten, ten being amazingly unforgettably awsome.) No wild mood fluctuations. No horrible thoughts. Just consistently decent days during which I did things I had been putting off, though I didn't do as much as I had hoped I would. But I still did what needed to be done. And the only time where I kinda let myself down was when I didn't get up from my nap in time to go to watch movies with some friends in Lawrence, but I was also feeling miserable because of my allergies and hadn't gotten any sleep the night before, so I don't feel so bad.

So, why am I even writing, you might ask. I think this is the time when I usually start to slack off. Things are looking up so I just focus on the actual things I have to do and stop focusing on the internal, mental, emotional, spiritual things that I need to attend to just as much, if not more than the day-to-day stuff. It's hard to remember that I'm as fucked up as I know I am when I'm actually feeling decent. I just want to enjoy feeling decent. But I really need to enjoy feeling decent as I work on the things I really need to fix, or I'll never make any real progress.

No comments: